Recipe by Suzzsin
I'm not sure where this recipe came from, but it is perfect for hot summer nights. It tastes best, in my opinion, when it's spent a couple of hours in the fridge and tastes really good the following day (add a touch of mayonnaise, it it's a little dry on day 2).
- 1 lb rotini pasta, uncooked (or similar)
- 1⁄2 lb smoked turkey breast, chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups red seedless grapes, cut into halves
- 1 cup scallion, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (low fat works well)
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream (nonfat or reduced fat works well)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped (or 1 tsp dried tarragon)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pasta according to directions, drain, rinse in cold water, then drain again.
- In a large bowl, stir together pasta, smoked turkey, celery, grapes and scallions.
- In a small bowl, stir together remaining ingredients.
- Toss pasta with dressing.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill for a few hours, or the salad can be served immediately.