1/1 Photo of Tarragon-Orange Chicken
Based on a recipe from BH&G’s Wok Cuisine cookbook. As originally written, this recipe seemed a little bland so I increased the tarragon from a 1/4 to 1 teaspoon and added a tablespoon of tarragon vinegar. Nutrition information per serving before the addition of 1 tablespoon vinegar: 382 calories, 30 g protein, 47 g carbohydrate, 9 g fat (2 g saturated), 91 mg cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 809 mg potassium.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves (12 ounces total) or 340.19 g turkey breast tenderloin steaks
- 78.07 ml water
- 78.07 ml orange juice
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml honey
- 14.79 ml tarragon vinegar
- 4.92 ml instant chicken bouillon granules
- 4.92 ml dried tarragon, crushed
- 14.79 ml cooking oil
- 453.59 g fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces or 453.59 g one 10-ounce package frozen cut asparagus, thawed
- 2 medium carrots, thinly bias sliced (1 cup)
- 354.88 ml fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 59.14 ml green onion, sliced
- 709.77 ml noodles, cooked and still hot for serving
- 1Rinse chicken or turkey and pat dry. Slice chicken or turkey into thin bit-size pieces. Set aside.
- 2In small bowl, stir together sauce ingredients: water, orange juice, cornstarch, honey, vinegar, chicken bouillon granules, and tarragon. Set aside.
- 3Place wok or large skillet over medium-high heat and add cooking oil. Add more oil as needed during cooking. Add asparagus; stir-fry fresh asparagus for 4 to 5 minutes or thawed asparagus about 3 minutes or till asparagus is crisp-tender. Remove from wok and set aside. Add carrots and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and green onions; stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes more or until carrots are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from the wok.
- 4Add chicken or turkey to the hot wok. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or till cooked through. Push chicken from the center of the wok. Stir sauce and add to the center of the wok. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Return cooked vegetables to the wok. Stir all ingredients together, coating with sauce. Cook stir another minute to heat through.
- 5Serve immediately over hot cooked noodles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tarragon-Orange Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.6
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 99.6 mg
- Sodium 457.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 33.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: