Recipe by mersaydees
Based on a recipe from BH&G’s Wok Cuisine cookbook. As originally written, this recipe seemed a little bland so I increased the tarragon from a 1/4 to 1 teaspoon and added a tablespoon of tarragon vinegar. Nutrition information per serving before the addition of 1 tablespoon vinegar: 382 calories, 30 g protein, 47 g carbohydrate, 9 g fat (2 g saturated), 91 mg cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 809 mg potassium.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Although I cut this recipe in half for the 2 of us, I did use large chicken breasts & the total weight was about 14 ounces! Followed the recipe after that, & had a delightfully tasty chicken dinner! Now I have a great new way of preparing chicken thanks to you! [Made & reviewed for one of my group mates in the current Aus/NZ Recipe Swap]
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves (12 ounces total) or 340.19 g turkey breast tenderloin steaks
- 78.07 ml water
- 78.07 ml orange juice
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml honey
- 14.79 ml tarragon vinegar
- 4.92 ml instant chicken bouillon granules
- 4.92 ml dried tarragon, crushed
- 14.79 ml cooking oil
- 453.59 g fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces or 453.59 g one 10-ounce package frozen cut asparagus, thawed
- 2 medium carrots, thinly bias sliced (1 cup)
- 354.88 ml fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 59.14 ml green onion, sliced
- 709.77 ml noodles, cooked and still hot for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken or turkey and pat dry. Slice chicken or turkey into thin bit-size pieces. Set aside.
- In small bowl, stir together sauce ingredients: water, orange juice, cornstarch, honey, vinegar, chicken bouillon granules, and tarragon. Set aside.
- Place wok or large skillet over medium-high heat and add cooking oil. Add more oil as needed during cooking. Add asparagus; stir-fry fresh asparagus for 4 to 5 minutes or thawed asparagus about 3 minutes or till asparagus is crisp-tender. Remove from wok and set aside. Add carrots and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and green onions; stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes more or until carrots are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from the wok.
- Add chicken or turkey to the hot wok. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or till cooked through. Push chicken from the center of the wok. Stir sauce and add to the center of the wok. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Return cooked vegetables to the wok. Stir all ingredients together, coating with sauce. Cook stir another minute to heat through.
- Serve immediately over hot cooked noodles.