Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This recipe came from a cookbook I borrowed from a friend called "Healthy Crocker Cookery" by Mable Hoffman. There are tons of great crock pot recipes in it if you're a crock pot cooker! This was no exception!! And it doesn't get much easier then this- you don't even thaw the chicken!! Serve over pasta.
- 3 -4 frozen boneless chicken breasts
- 2 leeks, halved lengthwise and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon (less if using dried)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Place frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot.
- Top with leeks and celery.
- In a small bowl combine tarragon, mustard, lemon juice, brown sugar, bouillon, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on low 4 1/2-5 hours.
- About 20 minutes before it is done, dissolve cornstarch in water in a small bowl. Slowly stir in to thicken the sauce. If you like a runnier sauce this step can be omitted.