1 hr 10 mins
Helping Hands's Note:
This is a wonderful alternative to traditional bread stuffing, and tastes so good, you will hardly miss the bread! This is a recipe from one of Suzanne Somer's cookbooks (her dishes are delicious), and can be used by those who are on a low carb or controlled carb diet, those who utilize a food combining diet, or simply as a unique stuffing-like alternative. This can be cooked seperately from the turkey, or it can be cooked and then baked (stuffed) in the turkey (my preference, as it adds that wonderful turkey flavor). This is also awesome as a side dish for chicken, as well. I have some baking in a turkey right now (my husband and I were craving turkey and stuffing, but we are on a low carb diet, so this fit the bill perfectly). This is the second time that I have made this and it is really a wonderful treat, so I thought that I would share this recipe with all of my Zaar friends!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat electric skillet to medium-low heat.
- 2Saute onions in oil for 30 mins, until carmelized.
- 3Turn the heat up to med-high, and add mushrooms.
- 4Saute the mushrooms for 10-12 mins, until they are crisp on the edges.
- 5Season with salt and pepper, as you saute mushrooms (this tastes best with lots of salt and pepper).
- 6Turn the heat to high, and add cooking wine.
- 7Allow cooking wine to cook off a bit, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 8Stir in the butter 1 tbs at a time until it is well mixed.
- 9Remove mixture to platter.
- 10Squeeze sausage out of casings, and cook over med-high heat, for 5 to 7 minutes.
- 11Add onion and mushroom mixture back to skillet.
- 12Add tarragon, and heat until well mixed and heated thru.
- 13Serve as a side dish, or add stuffing to turkey, before baking.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tarragon Mushroom and Sausage Stuffing (Low Carb)
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.5
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 50.2 mg
- Sodium 735.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 13.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh tarragon leaves