Recipe by LifeIsGood
This is a wonderful grilling recipe from Bobby Flay. The salsa is delicious and complements the lamb chops so well. This makes a lot of salsa, which is how I like it. Feel free to halve the salsa recipe if you prefer. Since baby lamb chops are used, the recipe allows for 4 chops per person. I'm sure the salsa would be delicious over grilled pork or chicken, as well. Enjoy! *Prep time includes marinating in the refrigerator*
Top Review by Zurie
Made for ZWT7, for the Challenge "Dinner and a Movie". I had to halve the recipe, and the grilling was done in my ridged pan. Would have been wonderful outside on a proper grill, but it's midwinter and too cold! The salsa tastes great. My only regret is -- no tarragon to be found anywhere, so subbed with chopped fresh rosemary. Not at all the same thing, but I felt it had to have a herb! Also, my lamb chops were not babies, but just ordinary size. I used more pecans in my halved recipe, as we love it. Great, tasty recipe!
- 1 medium pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped and toasted
Lamb chop ingredients
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup tarragon, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 16 baby lamb chops (each 2 ounces and 3/4 inch thick)
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Salsa: Makes 2 - 2 1/2 cups.
- Combine the pineapple, onion, vinegar, olive oil and herbs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, fold in the toasted pecans.
- May be refrigerated (without the pecans), covered for 1 day.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Lamb chops:.
- Combine olive oil, tarragon and garlic in a large shallow baking dish.
- Add the lamb chops and turn to coat very well.
- Refrigerate, covered for about 2 - 4 hours.
- Preheat your grill to medium high.
- Remove the chops from the marinade, shaking off excess. Discard the used marinade.
- Season the chops on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Grill the lamb chops until medium doneness, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Place on a serving platter and serve the pineapple pecan salsa alongside.