Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderful side dish!
- 1 (16 ounce) packagedry fettuccine pasta
- 10 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped (I prefer Vidalia)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Fry bacon in a large skillet until crispy- remove bacon& set aside.
- Keep bacon grease in pan.
- Add chopped onion and garlic to pan- sautee until onion is transparent.
- Drain 1/2 liquid out of can of tomatoes and add to the pan.
- Add tarragon,red pepper,salt,and olive oil.
- Simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Cook fettucine in salted boiling water until al dente and then drain.
- Add to tomato mixture until coated.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and parmesan cheese.