1/3 Photos of Tarragon-Cream Chicken
Flexibility is the secret to this recipe. If you don't have the wine, you can use chicken broth. Can't find prosciutto? You can substitute bacon or omit entirely. Quick and simple.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, halved if large
- 3 ounces prosciutto, sliced (optional) or 3 ounces cooked bacon, crumbled well drained (optional)
- 1 cup dry white wine or 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- minced fresh chives, to garnish
- toasted bread
- 1Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
- 2Dust each breast with flour, shaking off any excess.
- 3Saute chicken in olive oil in a saute pan coated with cooking spray.
- 4Cook until lightly browned on both sides, 5-7 minutes.
- 5Remove chicken, set aside, and keep warm.
- 6Saute mushrooms and prosciutto (or bacon) in the pan until browned.
- 7Add wine (or broth) and heavy cream.
- 8Return chicken to pan, reduce heat and simmer until sause thickenslightly, about 8 minutes.
- 9Stir in tarragon and vinegar; cook 1 minute.
- 10Garnish with chives.
- 11Serve chicken over slices of toasted bread.
- 12Serves 4.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tarragon-Cream Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 519.9
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 157.0 mg
- Sodium 166.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 29.8 g