1/9 Photos of Tarragon Cream Chicken
This came from Cooking Pleasures Magazine, March 2008. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks easy and yummy. If you don't have tenders, you can substitute boneless, skinless breasts, but you may need to cook a bit longer. For a dish with a little more zing, add 2 teaspoons of course ground mustard with the cream. Updated 7/28/11: I made this for dinner last night, and the family loved it! I used the optional mustard, and it really made the sauce.
My Private Note
main di ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine chicken and flour in a zip top bag. Shake well to coat eavenly.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet.
- 3Remove chicken from bag and shake off excess flour. Cook over medium heat about 6 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink in the middle.
- 4Add shallots and garlic. Cook 1 minute.
- 5Add broth and tarragon. Cook 2 minutes.
- 6Remove chicken to warm serving platter.
- 7Add cream (and mustard, if using) to pan, bring to a boil, and cook, stirring, until slightly thickened.
- 8Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tarragon Cream Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.3
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 279.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 26.0 g