Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Rich and creamy, it makes an impressive main course.
Make and share this Tarragon Cream Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 chicken breast halves, on the bone
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, such as chanterelles, sliced
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- fresh tarragon sprig (to garnish)
- Melt the butter with the oil in a flameproof casserole, add the chicken, and brown on all sides.
- Cover with the mushrooms, and sprinkle with the dried herbs, garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the stock and wine and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer gently for 25 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Lift out the chicken and mushrooms and set aside, then boil the sauce until reduced by about half.
- Add the creme fraiche and chopped tarragon and stir until thickened.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve the chicken sliced off the bone, coated with mushrooms and sauce, garnished with tarragon sprigs.