Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favorite cole slaw recipe. It's not as saucy as many others, and I personally like the cabbage flavor that comes through. But if you like your cole slaw wetter, then just add more mayonnaise and the other dressing ingredients in relative amounts. This recipe does need time for the flavors to blend. It can be eaten immeditely, but it's just not as good.
- 7 cups thinly shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- salt and pepper
- Place the cabbage and carrots in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, tarragon, the sugar, the parsley, the celery seed, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the cabbage and carrots and blend well.
- Cover the bowl tightly (you can use plastic wrap) and let sit at least 6 to 8 hours or overnight in the refrigerator for the slaw to soften and the flavors to blend.
I love cole slaw and this was very nice! I enjoyed the taste of the tarragon in this. I did add a little celery because I have alot. Thanks Charmed!
I noticed the 7 cups of shredded green cabbage and the 1 cup of shredded carrots were listed twice in this recipe so you may want to correct it. We love cole slaw in any way, shape, or form. Plus we love Tarragon so this really hit the spot. I did double up on the sauce because we like it a bit saucier. A wonderful cole slaw that I will be making over and over again. Thanks for sharing, Montana Roux, we really enjoyed this.