This is my favorite cole slaw recipe. It's not as saucy as many others, and I personally like the cabbage flavor that comes through. But if you like your cole slaw wetter, then just add more mayonnaise and the other dressing ingredients in relative amounts. This recipe does need time for the flavors to blend. It can be eaten immeditely, but it's just not as good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the cabbage and carrots in a large bowl.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, tarragon, the sugar, the parsley, the celery seed, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the cabbage and carrots and blend well.
- 4Cover the bowl tightly (you can use plastic wrap) and let sit at least 6 to 8 hours or overnight in the refrigerator for the slaw to soften and the flavors to blend.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tarragon Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.0
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 161.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 1.3 g