Recipe by Charmed
This is my favorite cole slaw recipe. It's not as saucy as many others, and I personally like the cabbage flavor that comes through. But if you like your cole slaw wetter, then just add more mayonnaise and the other dressing ingredients in relative amounts. This recipe does need time for the flavors to blend. It can be eaten immeditely, but it's just not as good.
- 7 cups thinly shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the cabbage and carrots in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, tarragon, the sugar, the parsley, the celery seed, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the cabbage and carrots and blend well.
- Cover the bowl tightly (you can use plastic wrap) and let sit at least 6 to 8 hours or overnight in the refrigerator for the slaw to soften and the flavors to blend.