Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very easy but very delicious. A perfect recipe for new cooks.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 lb sliced bacon
- Heat oven to 425°.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and tarragon.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each piece of chicken and place in one layer in baking dish.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 425° then reduce heat to 375°.
- Continue cooking until juices run clear when you pierce chicken with a fork (about 35 minutes). Variations: For a change of pace, try other herbs such as sage, rosemary or thyme.
Very good! Be careful not to let chicken dry out. For a variation, I added a little white wine to the baking dish. I also took some very thin slices of mushroom, placed them on the chicken and then wrapped the bacon around it. Yum!
Sorry but this was too plain. The bacon didn't get cooked enough and there was no gravy.