1/3 Photos of Tarragon Chicken With Sour Cream
1 hr 25 mins
Another one from The Philadelphia Orchestra Cook Book. This would probably work well with boneless chicken breasts also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 -12 chicken pieces (legs or thighs or breasts)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste (puree)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Heat butter in large fry pan over medium high heat.
- 2Brown chicken pieces on all sides and remove from pan and keep warm.
- 3Add onion and garlic to pan and cook until tender.
- 4Stir in tomato paste and flour.
- 5Slowly add chicken stock and stir. Bring to a boil while stirring until mixture thickens.
- 6Return chicken to pan.
- 7Add salt, pepper and tarragon.
- 8Cover and simmer gently 45 minutes.
- 9Remove chicken to warm platter.
- 10Gradually add sour cream to sauce and heat gently.
- 11Pour sauce over chicken and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- 12Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tarragon Chicken With Sour Cream
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.7
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 78.2 mg
- Sodium 1752.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 11.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: