Recipe by Chabear01
Posting this for ZWT II - France. This is a recipe passed from my late DM to me, and from me to my DD's, and I'll put $$$ on it they will pass it to their children, as it is a much loved dish.
Top Review by Nif
Very very delicious! I chose to use sherry and nonfat sour cream and it was excellent! Very easy to make and the results are very impressive. I served this with Recipe #360142 for dinner tonight. Made for Kittencal's Chef's Pick Tag. Thanks Chacha! :)
- 4 -6 boneless chicken breasts (I use thighs)
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, stems removed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter (not margarine)
- 1 tablespoon beau monde spice
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine or 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chicken breasts in butter, sprinkle Beau Monde and Tarragon, add mushrooms when turning the chicken. When chicken browned and mushrooms sauteed add the sherry.
- Allow to simmer for approximately 30 minutes. 15 minutes prior to serving remove chicken, stir sour cream into sauce and blend well. Replace the chicken into the sauce and allow to simmer. (I usually put it in the oven at 325°F at this point).
- Prior to serving garnish with the green onions. This is really good served with brown or wild rice.