Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from Whole Foods and is also Gluten Free.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken breasts (substitute 3 cans of chicken)
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Fill a medium pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add chicken, cover and return to a boil.
- Boil chicken for 2 to 3 minutes, then turn off the heat and let the chicken steep, covered, until no longer pink in the thickest part of the breast, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a plate and let cool for approximately 20 minutes. (The chicken can be prepared a day ahead of the rest of the salad, if desired.).
- Cut chicken into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Skip 1-4 if you are using canned chicken. Drain liquid from can.
- In a medium bowl combine celery, mayonnaise, mustard, onions, almonds, tarragon, lemon juice and pepper and stir to blend.
- Fold chicken into the mayonnaise mixture.
I really enjoyed this but I wasn't sure if it was fresh or dried tarragon and so I only used 1 tbsp dried.