Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This my adaption of a recipe found at Taste of Home. The chicken is well seasoned with the flavors of the vegetables and stays moist and delicious. The recipe can be easily doubled.
- 2 chicken boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 -6 baby carrots, halved and cut in fourths
- 1 medium yellow squash or 1 medium zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium thick slices onions, separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon
- seasoning salt, to taste
- Cut each chicken breasts into thirds lengthwise. Cut the squash in half and cut each half into 6 even strips.
- Divide the chicken between two pieces of heavy duty foil, approximately 18 in square.
- Top each with half the vegetables, butter, tarragon, and onion. Season to taste with a seasoned salt. Close packets and grill, covered over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken jices run clear.
Made this for the Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap and what an easy and delicious recipe. I followed the instructions except for adding a little minced garlic to the packages before cooking. This is an easy to prepare/clean-up recipe and definately a tasty dish! Thank you for posting.
Wow this was wonderful! So quick to put together and the flavors blended together so well. Only changes I made to suit what I had on hand was use regular carrots diced and half the quantity of dried tarragon, because of the butter and steaming in the foil the dried taragon worked really well. It looked very classy when plated and it was almost hard to believe it was all cooked together in foil with minimal preparation.