Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is so easy, and so good. No browning, just put the chicken in and pour the sauce on, and bake!! The tarragon makes it an elegant entree.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, sliced in rings
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- In 13 X 9 inch baking pan, place chicken pieces.
- Do not overlap.
- Place onion rings over top.
- Mix seasonings with cream of chicken soup and milk and spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, in 375 degree oven for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken with almonds, if desired.
- Bake 10 minutes more or until chicken is tender.
Wonderful, Wonderful! The only thing I did different was to cut the salt to 1/4 teaspoon since the cream of chicken soup has plenty of salt for my taste. Since I was out of slivered almonds, I used pine nuts instead. I used plenty of fresh tarragon out of my herb garden. I served this dish over brown rice. Thank you, Papergoddess, for sharing this wonderful recipe. I will be making this over and over again.
Super fast, super simple yet highly tasty meal made from things I always have in the house! I've made this recipe 3 times in the past month (hubby LOVES it), and been thrilled with it each time. The onions are amazingly yummy and I love the crunch of the almonds. The 2nd time I made it I added a scant quarter-cup of sherry and the 3rd time I made it I added the sherry and a small can of sliced mushrooms. I think I'm done adding to what's already a top notch recipe. ;) Oh, and I also do it in the crock pot for 8 hrs on low. I think it would be wonderful with just simple buttered noodles on the side, although so far I've only served it with brocolli (good) and asparagus (even better!).
Very good! I even made this with non fat milk and low fat soup; served this over white rice. Easy.