Prep 7 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are great as a nice change from beef once in awhile. Low in carbs and really tasty too!You can serve them on a bun, dress them up and put them sliced on a salad, or serve them with rice. It's all up to you! Recipe from Great American Cookbook.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onions or 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Heat 1 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until tender and soft, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile , combine chicken, parsley, tarragon, thyme, salt and pepper in mixing bowl.
- Blend onion mixture with chicken mixture.
- Form into 4 patties; dust with flour.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in clean skillet over medium heat.
- Cook until patties are browned on both sides, no pink remains in center and juices run clear.
- Note* if ground chicken is unavailable in your area, you can easily grind the chicken in a food processor. Just remember that it doesn't take more than a few pulses to grind the chicken. Too much pulsing will turn it into pate! LOL!
Yummy yummy yummy!! I used ground turkey. Why is it that ground turkey is so readily available and chicken isn't? Weird. Anyway, these are fabulous! I served them topped with swiss cheese on multi-grain buns. I can only imagine how good these would be with fresh herbs. YUMMERS! Thanks for sharing. This one's a keeper. :)
another great recipe from this chef! made these today after buying some organic ground chicken on sale. followed recipe exactly as written except omitted the pepper as a request by my 3 yr old daughter. she and i loved it. recipe is easy, inexpensive and very delicious. may have to try to see if i can make these and then freeze them to keep on hand for her and i. we ate them without any rolls as they were good enough and had a side of organic fries baked with sea salt. thanks again for another great recipe!
I found these extremely disappointing. They were rather tasteless and certainly need some more flavour.