Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is posted in response to a request for recipes using tarragon. I got this recipe from Taste of Home magazine. I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to very soon! It calls for 2 teaspoons dried tarragon, but I bet it would be even yummier if fresh tarragon was used! Prep time includes time to cut up the chicken and vegetables.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium summer squash, julienned
- 1 medium zucchini, julienned
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Divide the chicken strips and vegetables among four pieces of heavy-duty foil.
- Top each with 1 Tbsp butter, tarragon, salt, and pepper.
- Fold foil over and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender.
We enjoyed this recipe a lot. After a little vegetable chopping, it was so easy to make these bundles. I accidently defrosted chicken thighs instead of breasts, but it worked out very well. The chicken was extremely moist and tender. I also used fresh tarragon. The flavor was very subtle and good. After 20 minutes the vegetables weren't quite tender enough, so I opened the packets and browned them a few minutes under the broiler. Gave a little "charred" or roasted flavor to them. DH thought it was just a little too subtle and he added Pace and pronounced it delicious. Thanks for this keeper.