This recipe was originally created for the microwave but I have adapted it to be prepared on the stovetop. It is a very easy to prepare recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan.
- 2Add the chicken breasts and brown on both sides.
- 3Add the shallots, chicken stock and vinegar.
- 4Cover and simmer on low heat until the chicken is no longer pink inside, about 30 minutes.
- 5Remove the chicken from the pan and keep warm.
- 6Blend together the cream and cornstarch; stir into the cooking liquid in the frying pan.
- 7Cook until thickened, stirring the sauce to keep it smooth.
- 8Stir in the mustard, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- 9Arrange the chicken on a serving platter and pour the sauce over it.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tarragon Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.9
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 96.6 mg
- Sodium 222.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 30.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: