Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe was originally created for the microwave but I have adapted it to be prepared on the stovetop. It is a very easy to prepare recipe.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the chicken breasts and brown on both sides.
- Add the shallots, chicken stock and vinegar.
- Cover and simmer on low heat until the chicken is no longer pink inside, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and keep warm.
- Blend together the cream and cornstarch; stir into the cooking liquid in the frying pan.
- Cook until thickened, stirring the sauce to keep it smooth.
- Stir in the mustard, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the chicken on a serving platter and pour the sauce over it.
My mustard loving beast of a man Dugan loved this dish!