Recipe by kolibri
This is a Sunday favourite - very tasty and easy, just put the whole meal into the oven and wait. Use whatever pieces of chicken you have available - bone on is good, I typically use legs. The recipe is my modification of a typical English Sunday roast.
Top Review by Stacygirly
I can't believe this hasn't been made and reviewed since 2006. Such tasty chicken with a blend of flavors that can't be beat. We loved this and I look forward to making it again! Yummy!
- 4 chicken legs, skin on
- 8 large potatoes, cut in wedges
- 1⁄4 cup fresh tarragon, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the tarragon finely and divide in half - use half for the potatoes, half for the chicken.
- Cut the potatoes in wedges and mix with half of the tarragon, pour over the butter and season with salt and pepper. Make sure the potatoes are coated evenly.
- In a separate dish, mix the pieces of chicken with the rest of the tarragon, and season with salt, pepper, soy sauce and paprika.
- Put potatoes and the chicken skin down to an ovenproof dish and but into oven 230 C for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, turn the chicken around so that the skin is upwards and turn the potatoes around a bit so they don't burn. Put back into the oven for another 20 minutes.
- After another 20 minutes, make sure that the chicken is properly cooked. Cooking time will vary slightly according to the size of the chicken pieces.