Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
Adapted from Kosher By Design.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 frying chickens, cut in serving pieces
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place flour, pepper and tarragon in a large zippered bag.
- Add chicken in batches and shake to coat.
- Remove chicken and reserve flour mixture.
- Heat oil and margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, in batches if necessary, and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Place chicken in a baking pan.
- Add flour to the fat and drippings in the pan.
- Over medium heat, whisk in wine until mixture is thick and smooth.
- Pour over chicken.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and bake until chicken is cooked through, about 1 1/4 hours.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.