Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very easy and quick recipe to make. I like to serve it with French-cut green beans, seasoned with a little garlic. It is also good served over rice.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 shallots
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Peel and chop the shallots.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter and oil together in a frying pan.
- Add the chicken pieces and stir so that they brown on all sides.
- Next add the shallots and let simmer 5 minutes over low heat.
- Pour the sour cream into the pan with the chicken and shallots, and let it cook down 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tarragon.
- Let simmer another 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately.
Kelley Ilove tarragon,and I like this chicken very much. It is quick to fix,which is a big plus for me. Thank you for posting,we will enjoy this recipe often.
I tried it and this was really good. The chicken was very moist. I used 1 tblspn of dried tarragon and used onion powder instead of shallots because that's all I had. DELISH! Thank you for sharing!!
Yummy! With the leftovers the next day, I shredded the chicken, added a little more sour cream, and had a great chicken salad. This is an easy recipe that is two meals in one!