Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
From 365 Ways to Cook Chicken.
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped (2 t dried)
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan or casserole, heat butter over medium-low heat. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken, adding onions and garlic. Cook for 5-7 minutes longer, until onion is softened, but not browned.
- Sprinkle flour over chicken and toss for 1 minute. Add wine, tarragon and 1 cup of water.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, until tender.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Boil sauce in pan, stirring often, until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add cream and simmer for 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour over chicken and serve.