Recipe by ellie_
Simple-to-make salad dressing uses garden fresh tarragon and thyme. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (July, 1982).
Top Review by HeatherFeather
Very good dressing. I enjoyed the flavor combo of the two herbs in this - very fresh and flavorful. I tried the updated version of this recipe, and the new oil amount worked out fine. I used egg substitute in place of real egg as I was serving to a child as well - this worked out just fine.
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- egg substitute, to equal one egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped or 3⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped or 3⁄4 dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- salt (optional)
- 1 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 2 tablespoons lemon juice with next 7 ingredients (mustard- salt) in blender.
- Blend until thick (2 minutes).
- Gradually add in oil, blending an additional minute.
- Add remaining lemon juice (2 tablespoons) and blend again to combine.
- Store in covered jar or contained in refrigerator until ready to use.