Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A delicious side dish that hails from Scandinavia. Recipe courtesy Dan Smith and Steve McDonagh From the show: Party Line with the Hearty Boys Episode: Dinner Party
- 24 ounces frozen peas
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- Put the peas into a saucepan and cover with water. Place over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Cook 1 minute, remove from heat and drain.
- Put the peas into a blender, add the tarragon, salt, pepper and cream and blend until smooth, about 20 seconds.
- Serve immediately.
It was quite pleasant to eat. The first taste is really delicious. But DH said it tasted "too green" and we couldn't eat a lot of it. After that first dinner, I tossed in some leftover french onion soup mix (1/2 a packet) and refrigerated the rest (there was a lot left), and last night, I used it as a pasta sauce and that was really good.
This is delightful! My picky DH tasted it and loved it so much he said that he'd like to create a dish with it that includes puff pastry, sour cream, and caviar! I hope he does it soon because with these peas it will be delish! :) Thanks, Sharon123! Made for Aussie New Zealand Recipe Swap #18.