Recipe by Daydream
This is absolutely wonderful with Rare Beef Salad #123740. Please use the best quality olive oil mayonnaise you can find. The roasted garlic should yield 2 tablespoons.
- 2 heads garlic (the whole head, not the individual cloves)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Cut a 10 inch square of alfoil, and place the unpeeled garlic and sprigs of thyme in the centre. Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Wrap the alfoil into a snug parcel. Place in the oven and roast for about 40 minutes, or until the garlic is very soft. When testing the garlic for softness, take care as it will be extremely hot.
- Allow garlic to cool, then squeeze the pulp from the skins.
- Fold 2 tablespoons of roasted garlic, and the mustard and tarragon, into mayonnaise.
- Serve with Rare Beef Salad, or char-grilled beef.