Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Tarpy's Roadhouse in Monterey California. Tarpy's is a long time great local restaurant where your likely to find a mix of locals and tourist. Great food. Credit to Carol Voss who got the recipe published in the San Jose Mercury.
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, diced in medium squares
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 teaspoons beef broth
- 2 cups ketchup, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 decgrees.
- In food processor, pulse celery, carrot, bell pepper, garlic and shallots until finely chopped.
- Saute mixture in olive oil over medium heat until soft. Cool.
- Mix all ingredients except parsley and 1 up ketchup until just combined.
- On lightly greased tray, for loaf about 5 inches wide by 2 inches high.
- Evenly coat top and sides with remaining ketckup and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Bake until done.