Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A salty flavour but a nice appetizer.
Make and share this Taro Pudding Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- Peel and shred the taro.
- Heat the oil in a wok and sauté the taro until soft.
- Add the water and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Wash and soak the Chinese mushrooms and dried shrimps until soft.
- Dice the Chinese mushrooms, dried shrimps, bacon and Chinese sausages separately.
- Stir-fry each ingredient separately in a hot wok, then return all these ingredients into the wok and add the cooked taro and the seasoning.
- Sift in the flour and bind into a thick batter.
- Adjust the flavor to taste.
- Pour the batter into a greased cake mould, place in a steamer and steam over high heat for 1 hour.
- Remove, smooth the top with a greased spoon, then sprinkle on the chopped chives.
- Set aside to cool.
- Slice the taro pudding and shallow-fry in an oiled frying pan until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve hot with oyster sauce.