From French Polyensia
Make and share this Taro, Pineapple, Sweet Potato and Bacon Chips recipe from Food.com.
- Cut taro and sweet potato into 1/2" thick slices and steam or boil until tender but still firm.
- Drain, spread to cool, then cut into chips about 1" x 1/2".
- Cut pineapple slices into similar size and bacon into 1/2" wide strips (The gammon style bacon is best for this or get bacon ends from a good butcher shop).
- Heat oil and butter in a heavy frypan and fry taro/sweet potato chips until golden and brown.
- Remove, drain and place on absorbent towel then keep hot in oven at 200 deg. F. In the same pan saute' pineapple.
- Then fry bacon until crisp. In a bowl quickly combine the hot chips, pineapple and bacon and toss lightly with green onions.
- Sprinkle with pepper, salt transfer to serving dish and garnish with lemon slices.
- Serve immediately.