Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
For ZWT7... I found a pacific islands cookbook and if I can get my hands on some taro leaves, this sounds like a winner!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon salt, preferably sea salt
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 12 taro root leaves, deveined
- 16 ounces chicken, cut in thin strips
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a soup pot, saute the onion, garlic and ginger in the coconut oil until golden brown.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Chop the taro leaves into bite size pieces and add to the boiling stock.
- Simmer for 25 minutes. Add the chicken meat, salt and pepper, cook another.
- 10 minutes and serve.