Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I first had this dessert on an island in Thailand in 2003. This recipe is from Appon's Thai Food Recipes website. It says to serve it hot, but I personally prefer it chilled as I think the taro has time to soak in the sugar.
- Peel and chop the taro into small squares and rinse.
- Boil in the 300ml water for 20 minutes.
- In a separate saucepan, mix the sugar and 100 ml water, boil until the sugar has dissolved, then leave to cool to form a light syrup.
- Warm the coconut milk in a saucepan, until its just warmed through and steaming.
- Serve the taro in a bowl, with warmed coconut milk and some of the sugar syrup poured over it, or put it in the fridge until chilled.