- 1 roasting chicken
- 2 medium taro root
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 cups chopped taro root leaves (or pumpkin leaves, sweet potato leaves)
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel tarot Cut into thin slices and place in the bottom of a large saucepan.
- Cut the chicken into serving portions and place on top of the tarot
- Add the chopped onions, green leaves and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle lemon juice.
- Add the coconut cream and water and cook over a gentle heat for about 1-1½ hours, or until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve hot.
- This dish can be varied by adding curry powder (about 2 teaspoons) mixed with the coconut cream and water.