Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Posted for ZWT7- The South Pacific Islands. This yummy Samoan recipe was found on the internet.
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb spinach, cut in 1/4-inch slices or 1⁄2 lb taro root, leaves cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 2 lbs taro root, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 ounces tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut cream
- 1⁄2 coconut cream can water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- lemon slice
- Arrange alternating layers of chicken, onions, spinach or taro leaves, and taro root in a casserole dish.
- Mix coconut cream and water together with salt, and corn flour. Pour over the top of the chicken mixture.
- Cover with tomatoes.
- Cover casserole with foil or a lid and bake at 325* for 1 hour until until chicken and vegetables are done. Serve with lemon slices.
This really was quite delicious. The chicken did cook up tender and juicy, but I think a little more flavour would really add another dimension to this dish and I would probably stir in some red curry paste and garlic into the coconut milk. I used spinach in place of taro leaf and sweet potato instead of the tuber. Thanks.
This was great, easy to put together and the chicken turned out nice and juicy. Made a wonderful dinner. Thank you.
I was really surprise how delicate and tasty this dish was. I thught it would be little to fade, but it was really perfect as it was. Also the cream consistency was perfect.
We enjoyed it very much and will be a keeper.
Done for ZWT7