Dhall is served at almost every meal in India. It is a staple food, there are many versions of this dish. Remember it's not an authentic meal if you serve curry without t he dhall. Here is one of my favourites, very easy to cook.
- Wash lentils till the water runs clear.
- Drain the lentils.
- Place lentils in pan with the water, salt, turmeric, onion, garlic and chillis.
- Cook till the lentils are soft and sloppy.
- Heat the oil in a separate pan, fry the cumin seeds till they start to pop, add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Serve the lentils with the fried garlic and cumin seeds poured over them.