Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 - India. This recipe was found on Indian Food Forever. What's not too like about juice, this one sounds pretty delicious. I can't wait to try these tasty drinks. Please note: Cooking time is chilling time. Serve in glass with crushed ice.
- 1 pint strawberry, washed, whole
- 3 cups watermelon juice, fresh (Tarbooj Ka Raas)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, pureed (Adrak)
- 3 tablespoons sugar (Cheeni)
- Wash and stem the berries in cold water.
- Force through a food mill to separate seeds from the puree.
- Alternately place a nylon sieve over a bowl and, using a pestle or outstretched fingers, push to extract the fruit puree, discard the seeds.
- Combine all the ingredients in a jug, stir well and refrigerate for few hours.
- Stir and serve in glasses with crushed ice.
I used my juicer for the watermelon and a bullet-type blender for the strawberries and ginger. I thought that straining out the strawberry seeds was kind of unnecessary but I'm really glad that I did. It's smooth, fresh and not too sweet. I left this juice in the fridge for at least 2 hours before trying it. Made for ZWT8. Thanks Baby Kato! :)
Very refreshing drink. I used my juicer to extract the juices, then grated in some fresh ginger and let it sit in the refrigerator a while. I used Splenda, to taste, for the sweetener. This drink was nice because the ginger acted to sort of mellow the two juices and harmonize them. I will certainly make this again.