Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Notes & tips Serve this sauce with the recipe we have for Chickpea and Herb Falafel. This sauce is best made 1 day in advance, to allow the flavours to develop. I've used the cooking time as refrigeration time. Source: Notebook magazine - March 2006
- 40 g crustless Italian bread (2-3 slices)
- 125 g whole almonds, blanched
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- Tear bread into pieces and place in a small bowl, cover with cold water and stand for 1 minute, then drain and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Using a food processor, process almonds and garlic to form fine crumbs.
- Add soaked bread and process to combine.
- With motor running, gradually pour in 1/2 cup water, followed by combined oil and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.