Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄2 lb cooked beans
- 1⁄2 cup dried crunchy pork rind, broken up in small pieces (chicharron)
- 1 cup canned corn niblet
- 1 cup canned or bottled chopped cactus leaves (nopales)
- 3 tablespoons diced onions
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 serrano chilies, finely diced
- Sautee onion, and add the nopales and corn niblets.
- Add cooked beans.
- Season with salt to taste.
- When this mixture starts to boil add the chicharron and the diced chili.
- Soup should not be too thin.