Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A high energy, high protein biscuit, originally designed for disaster relief. The biscuits keep well over a period of time if stored properly. Be careful though, they're jaw breakers!
- Melt butter, sugar and condensed milk together in large pot.
- Add flour, rolled oats and baking powder.
- Divide mixture in half.
- Spread each half onto a greased tray - spread with a knife until it forms a 30cm x30cm square, keeping edges neat and straight.
- Repeat with other half of mixture.
- Cook at 150°C for 10-15 minutes till light to golden brown.
- Cut each tray into 25 biscuits - 5 x 5.
- To harden biscuits a little more return to oven which has been turned off - leave for another 5 - 10 minutes.
- When completely cold, pack biscuits in plastic bags. Seal and label.
Overall I thought this recipe was pretty cool. The biscuits come out really well, they keep well even if you just throw them in storage bags and they actually taste pretty good. The cooking time wasn't even close to right though. I had to cook them on about 350 for about 10 minutes to get the biscuits to turn brown and then another couple hours at 150 to get them to the dehydrated stage.