Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
is an easy cake and delicius at the same time...you can put bananas, pineaple or other fruit in stead of apples.
- Make a caramel with the sugar. When it is ready, remove from heat, add two teaspoons of butter and put it in a heat resistant mold.
- Peel and slice the apples; cut the crusts off of the bread.
- Put butter on each slice of bread and put them in one layer then you put one layer of apples, then bread again until you get to the top, leave some inches free because you need to put liquids.
- Mix the eggs, add condensed milk and milk and add this mix to the mold.
- Cover the mold with aluminum foil, place in a large pan and fill it with water.
- Bake for one hour in 350F oven.
Very delicious! Big hit for 10th Grade Spanish Project. Added second cup of sugar to apples. A little difficult to unmold - waited till next morning and lost carmelized sugar!