Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Greek Fried fish roe balls, posted for Zaar World Tour II '06
- 2 tablespoons fish roe (white coloured fish roe preferred)
- 6 slices white bread
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped in thin slices
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (for frying)
- 1⁄4 cup flour, for coating
- Remove the bread crust from the bread slices. Soak the bread in a bowl of water. Strain it.
- Mix well the fish roe, the onions and the bread until the mixture becomes thick.
- Let the mixture stand for a while in order to thicken more.
- Shape it into balls, coat in flour and fry until golden.(you'd want the oil to be about 375°F, if you're using a thermometer).