Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From The Australian Women's Weekly Dinner Party Cookbook
- 8 ounces old potatoes
- 6 slices thick white bread
- 60 g fresh tarama (or 100g can tarama)
- fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Peel, wash and quarter potatoes.
- Place in boiling water, reduce heat, simmer covered 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain well.
- Allow to cool.
- Remove crusts from bread slices, place bread in large bowl with 1 cup warm water, allow to stand 5 minutes.
- Place bread in large strainer; press with hand to extract as much water as possible.
- Place tarama, potatoes, bread and pepper in electric blender or food processor; blend until smooth, or beat together well.
- Gradually blend in combined lemon juice and olive oil; blend until combined and very smooth.
- Spoon mixture into serving bowls, cover and refrigerate several hours.
- Serve with crisp rolls.
- Note: Fresh tarama (smoked cod's roe) is available from Greek delicatessens.