Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a family favorite that my sister makes. It's an easy, sweet and tangy, Asian inspired, dish. We love the sauce and chicken chunks over rice.
- 5 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 (16 ounce) can apricot halves, drained
- 1 cup apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 350*. Put chicken chunks in a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl mix rest of the ingredients well. Pour over chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 60-75 minutes or until chicken starts to brown.
- Serve over hot rice.
- **For a variation you could substitute the apricots and apricot jam for pineapple tidbits and orange marmalade.**.
Oh, this was good!!! Even though there are quite a few ingredients -- it was a snap to put together. I only used 4 chicken breasts (a couple were on the large side) and it was perfect. The sauce was wonderful. I think if I used much more chicken, I'd double the sauce ingredients (it's that yummy). I did cut up the apricot halves -- sort of sliced them into about 4 pieces each. We'll definitely be having this in the future!!!