Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This one has been made by me and my best friend, time after time, and it is still having alterations, I would love to hear any comments
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 kg minced steak
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 (230 g) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- Heat oil in pan and gently cook the garlic.
- add meat and stir till brown.
- stir in some salt, chilli and cummin.
- add water and cook for 25 minutes.
- add tomato paste and sugar cook for 15 minutes longer.
- add red kidney beans heat well.
I've been making this recipe for a few years and figured it's about time I sit down and review it! It's very easy to make and takes no time at all. If I make it for my toddlers I make it as is. If I make it for "grownups" I up the spices to make it a little hotter. All in all this is my go to recipe for Chili and I've shared it with many friends. Thanks a lot!
hi tarah, i thought your chilli was great,i used 3 bird eye chilli,s and 3 tablespoons of chilli powder to heat it up a bit,i,ll use you recipe all the time from now on