Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
ALMOST LEVEL ONE: Combines berries with pro/fats) SOMERSIZING RECIPE
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- fresh strawberries
- 1 package frozen blueberries (I use two fresh packages)
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- Using a electric mixer; mix soft cream cheese and splenda until sweetener is dissolved.
- In another bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the cream into the cream cheese; blend well.
- Slice strawberries in half lengthwise and place on the bottom and sides of a 9 inch deep-dish pie plate.
- Pour cheese mixture over top and chill until firm.
- GLAZE: Combine in a saucepan and cook over low heat until thickened.
- Be careful not to break up the berries to much.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Spoon over cheese mixture and chill several hours more or overnight.
- The glaze won't be real thick and it goes down into the cream cheese mixture.
- It's just as good putting fresh blueberries mixed with somersweet on top without making the glaze.
- Another version for non-SSer's: Use a baked pie crust and line with banana slices instead of strawberries.
- The rest of the recipe remains the same.