Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another recipe pulled off the net in response to a discussion request
- 3⁄4 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 cup mild green chili, chopped (canned)
- 12 corn tortillas
- sour cream
- Brown the beef and drain.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add the tomato sauce, cumin, and chiles.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Briefly heat each tortilla in a pan with a little oil until soft enough to roll.
- Fill each tortilla with some of the meat mixture.
- Roll tightly (into the shape of a medium-sized cigar).
- Set aside.
- Heat 1/3 inch of oil.
- Quickly brown each taquito (about one minute).
- Serve warm with sides of salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.
Excellent recipe. Careful when you fry them, the grease pops a good bit.
This was a good recipe for taquitos and for a beginner i thought it was preaty easy. the taste was good, but the dish was overall kind of heavy.
Finally!!! I searched and searched for a recipe for beef taquitos and ta da!! Here it is! Well, istead of using cumin, I used a taco seasoning packet and I'm not really a fan of green chili's so I used enchilada sauce instead there. They turned out absolutely fantastic....More than likely I'll make this again.