Recipe by lazyme
This recipe is from an ad for Jose Ole Taquitos. It's simple to put together and tastes good as well.
Top Review by 2Bleu
Wow, for something out of a box and a few cans, this is definitely restaurant quality food! I wish I had the olives for the topping, and next time I would use just green onions only. It's wonderful topped with sour cream, and Buddha would like some guacamole next time too. (There will be a next time). This really does make 6 servings. Oh, I and I added everything prior to baking, (no 5 min b4, etc.). Worked great! Thanks for posting a keeper recipe! :)
- 1 (20 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 (20 ounce) box beef taquitos, Jose Ole brand or 1 (20 ounce) box chicken and cheese taquitos, partially thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans, warm
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can black olives, sliced, drained (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Pour 1/3 of the enchilada sauce into a lightly greased 11x7x2-inch baking dish. Arrange 1/2 the Jose Ole Taquitos over enchilada sauce. Evenly spread heated refried beans over taquitos.
- Mix red and green onions together.
- Layer 1/3 more sauce, 1/2 the onion mixture and 1/2 the shredded cheese. Top with remaining taquitos and enchilada sauce.
- Bake, covered, for 25 minutes or until heated through. The last 5 minutes of baking, top with remaining cheese.
- Garnish with onions and olives. Serve with sour cream if desired.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- Serving Suggestions:.
- This family favorite can be made with Jose Ole Mexi-Minis, Taquitos or Chimichangas.
- Use 1 20-ounce box Jose Ole Shredded Beef Taquitos or 1 22-5-ounce box Chicken & Cheese Taquitos.