Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe under development.
- 396.89 g can tomatoes, including juice
- 1 large onion, peeled
- 3 jalapeno peppers, cored and seeded
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 473.18 ml rice, white, long grain, rinsed and drained
- 14.79 ml olive oil, for toasting rice
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml cilantro, fresh, minced
- 7.39 ml salt
- 1. Puree onion, peppers, garlic and tomatoes in food processor.
- 2. Toast rice with olive oil on high in large stockpot, stirring to keep rice from burning.
- 3. Add puree and chicken broth to rice and stir inches.
- 4. Cover stockpot and simmer rice over low heat until all liquid is absorbed (approximately 15 minutes).
- 5. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- 6. Add salt to taste.