Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love tapioca and I love coconut, so this is a special treat for me.
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄3 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄3 cup young fresh coconut
- Boil tapioca in water. Use low heat and stir constantly to prevent the bottom from sticking. Follow directions on tapioca package.
- Slice the young coconut into thin strips.
- Add sugar to the boiling tapioca - use more or less sugar depending on your sweet tooth.
- Add the coconut strips, stir and bring it back up to a boil then turn the heat off.
- In a small cup, dissolve salt in coconut milk and warm it up in a microwave for a few second. Don't let the coconut milk boil.
- Scoop up the tapioca pudding into a small bowl and add a few tablespoon of the coconut milk on top.
- Serve hot.