1/1 Photo of Tapioca Pudding Parfaits
Creamy pudding is layered with fruit preserves, caramel sauce or chocolate sauce and topped with nuts, chocolate pieces or spices. It is a great kid-friendly dessert that can even be presented elegantly for an adult dinner. From the December 2004 issue of Country Living. Cook time does not include chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill a large bowl with ice water and set aside.
- 2Mix the sugar, tapioca, milk and egg yolks together in a medium saucepan.
- 3Cook on medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil.
- 4Remove from heat, transfer the pudding to a medium bowl, and set in the ice bath.
- 5Chill for at least 1 hour or until pudding cools completely.
- 6To prepare the parfaits: place 3 tablespoons tapioca in a small parfait glass.
- 7Spread one tablespoon of sauce or preserves over the tapioca.
- 8Top with 3 more tablespoons tapioca and 1 more tablespoon sauce or preserves.
- 9Finish with a final layer of 2 tablespoons tapioca.
- 10Repeat with 5 more parfait dishes and garnish with nuts, candies, chocolate pieces, or a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tapioca Pudding Parfaits
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.3
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 115.0 mg
- Sodium 243.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 8.6 g