Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This makes a wonderfully thick tapioca pudding with lots of tapioca in it. It's almost like a tapioca cream. To my way of thinking this makes just enough for one, but if you want to double it to share, use the entire egg rather than 2 yolks.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine the milk, sugar, tapioca, and egg; let stand 5 minutes.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Spoon or pour into serving dishes, and allow to cool at least 5 minutes.
- May be cooled longer and/or in the refrigerator. May be served warm or cold. (I like warm my husband prefers chilled.).
I doubled the recipe and got 3 large ramekins. The taste is so good. The texture is perfect. I used a large egg. Thanks Vyrianna :) Made for All you can cook buffet